Dubai Duty Free sales near US$24M in 3 days
From December 18-20, Dubai Duty Free celebrated its 38th anniversary offering a special discount of 25% over a wide range of merchandise. This sale extended to its Home Delivery customers and Click & Collect offer. Over the three days, sales reached Dhs87.155 million (US$23.878 million), which is 24.51% higher than the same period last year.
Bestselling categories during this event were:
1. Perfumes: Dhs23.007 million (US$6.303 million)
2. Liquor: Dhs10.900 million (US$2.986 million)
3. Watches: Dhs9.950 million (US$2.726 million)
4. Ticket sales for Dubai Duty Free Millennium Millionaire and Finest Surprise reached Dhs8.665 million (US$2.374 million), making it the 4th most popular category for the first time
5. Cosmetics: Dhs5.676 million (US$1.555 million)
During the three-day event, in-store sales transactions totaled 165,924 while online sales reached Dhs8.761 million (US$2.400 million) with a total of 7,134 combined orders.
Commenting on the success of the 38th anniversary, Colm McLoughlin, Executive Vice Chairman and CEO of Dubai Duty Free said: “We are very happy to see such a great result during our annual anniversary sale, both in store and online. I join our Chairman, H.H. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, in thanking our customers who joined us in this celebration and our staff, who did a great job in serving them.”