Dutch sales agency Brands of Style launches GTR buyers platform
Dutch sales agency Brands of Style has launched a GTR buyers platform called Travel Retail Bespoke. Founder and owner Elena Bloothoofd says she launched the specialist platform that is focused on ‘GTR-ready brands’ at a crucial time for the marketplace as it bounces back post-pandemic.
“We are being asked by many of our travel retail buyers to offer newness and sustainability for their portfolios. So, it’s perfect timing to be representing a great range of innovator and circular-economy brands as the travel retail market is now ready for challengers. Our remit is to help them to spread the word about their unique and sustainable products, and to be exploring new opportunities in all of travel retail’s diverse channels, on their behalf,” says Bloothoofd.
Travel Retail Bespoke launches with 20 challenger and creator-owned brands from a wide range of categories: beauty & wellness, food & drink, spirits, fashion accessories and sustainable services partners.
“Our brands are ready to meet the travel retail specific conditions and have proven merit by winning various sector awards. We are committed to growing our brands’ businesses in the travel retail channel. The Travel Retail Bespoke platform will prove instrumental in this.”
A few of the brands joining the new travel retail buyer platform are:
- Londontown: Londontown pays homage to its origins, a breakthrough in innovation, and a celebration of clean beauty that goes beyond a “free-of” list. The company is proud to redefine ‘clean ’and lead the way in doing beauty better, thoughtfully. Organic and vegan, these clean nail care lines are paraben free and leave nails moisturized. The brand is New York based.
- KORA Organics: Founder Miranda Kerr has created a range of skincare that follows both the strictest global standards of safety and the highest levels of clinical performance for healthy, glowing skin. Our mission is to inspire people to be the healthiest versions of themselves inside and out. Created in Los Angeles.
- Slick Gorilla: Born on the streets and in the barbershops of the UK, Slick Gorilla products have changed the hair styling game forever by embracing individuality. Made for the bold, the strong, the creators and innovators.
- Sandell Watches: Elegant Scandinavian design with an eco-friendly choice of vegan straps made from recycled materials and finished in a high-performance fabric. Produced in Sweden.
- Oqularclip: The most comfortable, convenient, versatile, slim and sleek lens cover for all your eyewear. 20x smaller than your average glasses or sunglass case. Small enough for any pocket. Stylish enough for any brand. Designed in Sweden.
- féfé cocktails: Absolute premium ready-to-drink cocktails in a can, made from French sprits and natural ingredients. Crafted by the country’s top mixologists. Pure heritage brought to travel retail from Paris, France.
- Oryx Desert Salt: An organic and sustainable alternative to sea salt, this product is mineral-rich and unprocessed, extracted from the heart of the Kalahari Desert. With a gourmet taste challenging every premium salt brand, Oryx is produced in South Africa.
- WATTSHOT Gin: The world’s first gin-shot with all-natural ingredients and distilled in the UK. A bold and vibrant premium gin, designed to be consumed as a shot, this addictive product is taking over shot-glasses around the world.
- Bitmore: The Gen-Z friendly sustainable technology accessories specialist achieved B-Corp status in June 2023 and has an expanding range of products including power banks, speakers, earphones and charging devices.
- ZÓLDI Jewels: Fashion jewelry inspired by emotional connections through travel. Each piece is thoughtfully designed to evoke a sense of wanderlust, adventure, and nostalgia.
“The TR Bespoke Platform is exactly what we have been hoping for – a one-stop-shop for products that meet our needs for sustainable credentials and innovative ideas that will appeal to our passengers,” said Laura Heijmann, Buy on Board Manager, Inflight Sales, Transavia.
“It’s really easy to navigate and to find products by type, price range, target audience and by specific must-have criteria. It is ideal for buyers within all travel retail channels to look for inspiration and, what I really like, is that there is also the option to request a product to meet specific criteria – and Elena and her team will research and find it for me."
Brands are welcoming the community aspect of the Travel Retail Bespoke platform.
“Bitmore is thrilled to join this pioneering online retail platform which focuses on promoting and highlighting sustainable and eco-friendly challenger brands within the travel retail sector. Geared towards travel retail buyers and category managers, this platform marks a significant leap forward in the industry,” said Hoj Parmar, CEO & Founder, Bitmore.