TR GO for GOLD introduces Cosmetics award category
After announcing the Children's Toy awards category earlier this month, the organizers of TR GO for GOLD have announced the next category for its awards, Cosmetics.
"Cosmetics in Travel Retail are a beautiful way to capture impulse and add-on purchases in any segment," explains the press release. "Whether as a gift or a self-purchase, this category commands less brand loyalty than skincare, for example, in exchange for novelty, value and fun. From nail polish to mascara to that perfect shade of lip gloss, the Cosmetics Category captures customers of all ages, ethnicities, and incomes, providing them instant gratification as well as excellent revenue enhancement for retailers."
The awards organizers have brought on Carolyn Mariani, formerly buyer at DFASS (now 360 Duty Free), to judge entries within the Cosmetic Category and to create the 'Guide to Gold' document.
As noted in the document, "Brands and organizations will have had to take into consideration much of the following if their product is going to become a ‘Best Seller’ (not in order of priority):
- Eye catching packaging and point of sale
- Visibility of product colors variations
- Value proposition - Great value for money can often enable a smaller/lesser- known brand to outsell the “big” brands
- Celebrity endorsement
- Capitalize on the impulse purchases from traveling consumers - it’s important to instantly demonstrate the features & benefits and USPs of the product
- Travel retail exclusive items such as makeup palettes and value sets that feature popular shades are particularly effective in this category
- Allergy testing statement
- Packaging recycling capabilities
- Refill capability
- Standout TR customer offering proposition
- Unique Selling Points (USPs)
- Digitized concepts contribute to the interactive shopping experience and to customer satisfaction
- Passionate and knowledgeable staff
- Market analysis
- Is it a high or low friction customer proposition?
- Manufacturing impact on environment
- Product authenticity statement"
The Cosmetics “Guide to Gold” and entry form can be downloaded via the TR GO for GOLD awards website, having registered to enter.
- Entries opening date: April 3, 2023 – June 2, 2023
- Entry fee £250 (US$296), plus 20% vat where applicable (10% discount for TFWA members)