MEADFA launches travel retail awards to recognize industry specialists
MEADFA has announced the launch of the MEADFA Awards, which recognize innovative, dynamic, world class travel retail specialists in the Middle East & Africa Region.
The five categories are as listed:
- Best Retailer Award: recognizes leading organizations that have demonstrated excellence across their business, continued to innovate in providing outstanding customer service and provided a notable contribution to the development of travel retail in the region.
- Best in Marketing Strategy of the Year Award: recognizes organizations that lead with their marketing approach towards adaptable and customer-driven engagement. This award highlights the use of new and innovative platforms using dynamic innovative content to engage with consumers across the industry.
- Sustainability and CSR Award: entries can be across one or all of the following sub-categories:
- Best Green Achiever
- Best Sustainable Brand
- Sustainable Retailer of the Year
- Best CSR Performance
- Customer & Supplier Award: entries can be for one or all of the following sub-categories:
- Outstanding Achievement in customer satisfaction
- Innovative Supplier of the Year
- Excellence in Supplier Collaboration
- Lifetime Achievement Award: for which no entry is required. MEADFA will honor an outstanding leader who has made a remarkable contribution to the overall travel retail environment, promoted strong leadership, supports their people, and significantly impacted the overall sustainability, strategy, culture, and development of the industry as a whole.
“The MEADFA Awards celebrate dedication, innovation, achievement, and success. Our objective is to focus on the dynamics of the region and acknowledge those who have made a significant contribution to the development of the Travel Retail Industry in the Middle East and Africa," says Sherif Toulan, President, MEADFA.
"The award committee encourages companies to nominate themselves and to highlight their outstanding contributions in a variety of business areas. Results will be announced during the MEADFA Conference 2022 taking place on Nov 27-29 in the Kingdom of Bahrain", adds Dr. Bernard Creed, Treasurer and Award Committee Chair, MEADFA.
MEADFA Award Committee members:
- Dr. Bernard Creed – MEADFA Treasurer
- Ms. Isabel Zarza – MEADFA Vice President
- Mr. Philip Haine – MEADFA Board Member
- Mr. Sherif Toulan – MEADFA President
- Ms. Micheline El Ammar – MEADFA Operations Manager
Registration is now open for MEADFA Conference 2022, which will be held November 27 to 29 at The Art Hotel & Resort in Bahrain.