Diageo GT celebrates Lunar New Year in APAC
Diageo Global Travel (GT) continues its spectacular series of Lunar New Year celebrations in airports across Asia Pacific travel retail ahead of the festival on Sunday January 22.
In addition to the high-profile Johnnie Walker Blue Label x Angel Chen Lunar New Year campaign at Incheon Airport, Diageo GT is running a series of digital activations throughout the APAC region that embrace the hope and excitement of the holiday with imagery brought to life through immersive digital experiences and advertising.
The Johnnie Walker limited edition designs for Lunar New Year are created by Shanghai-based designer Angel Chen, a rising star of the fashion industry. Her design for the Year of the Rabbit features a dynamic, modern interpretation of 2023’s Zodiac animal, the sprightly rabbit.
The digital campaign reaches passengers throughout their journey, including:
- Pre-travel: consumers are reached by lifestyle digital media like DiDi (the Cab-hailing app) and Xiecheng (Flight-booking app). As well as traditional media like Condé Nast Traveller and via other social media ‘box opening’ experiences with influencers
- At the airport: highly impactful media placements are unmissable
- Inflight: GT also trialled boarding pass cooperation with Hainan Airline, consumers scan a QR code from their boarding pass and pre-book products
- Destination: consumers receive a reminder about their New Year shopping in Hainan via WeChat
Sandra Tassilly, Diageo Global Travel Commercial Director for APAC, MENA and India said,"We’re delighted to bring this spectacularly colourful and digitally driven campaign to APAC passengers, opening up the Johnnie Walker Blue Label world of luxury for passengers to explore and gift during this Lunar New Year.
"Our omni-channel approach allows us to greet and engage customers during the build up to Lunar New Year in an immersive, dynamic and disruptive way. Combining the physical boutique and gifting experience with a digital wrap around. We aim to be there at every step of the journey."
High impact media placements positioned in check-in and departure lounges of key locations include:
- Haikou Meilan International Airport
- Hai Tang Bay Shopping Centre in Hainan
- Changi Airport in Singapore including digital screens, billboards and an impressive lift wrap in T3
- Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport
These high-impact placements are in addition to the stunning media tunnel takeover in Incheon Airport positioned at check-in, which includes a giant LED tower positioned post security and digital screens located in the departures lounge of the airport:
- Incheon Media Tunnel
- Incheon LED Tower