Wrappr introduces holiday collection
Gifts of Joy Collection to mark the holiday. Designed by artist Effie Theodosiou, the Gifts of Joy collection is inspired by winter plants such as holly and poinsettias, and the sparkling of lights and snow.tells Global Travel Retail Magazine (GTRM) it is introducing the
"When the holiday season rolls around, the first thing artist Theodosiou thinks of are all the happy feelings and cozy moments. Gathering together, sharing food and exchanging gifts that spark joy. Theodosiou wanted to design a collection that sparks that same cozy, joyful feeling throughout the winter season," Brittany Trafford, CEO & Founder at Wrappr, tells GTRM.
The collection is available in Organic Cotton in three sizes. All products are 40% until off for Black Friday with a US$40 spend.
Wrappr recent collaborations and news
Wrappr has introduced extra-large wraps, which the company says are ideal for to style as dresses, skirts, tops or for wrapping larger gifts. How-to videos for the extra-large Furoshiki fabrics are available on the Wrappr blog and Tiktok.
And, Wrappr announced this summer that the company has joined Hudson's Bay Marketplace, allowing people to shop from thebay.com. Plus, Wrappr participated in this year's Hudson's Bay Beauty Gala. Shoppers received a Wrappr furoshiki gift wrap designed by artist Alby Kenny or Ponnopozz with the of spend US$175+ on cosmetics and fragrances at select Hudson's Bay stores.
Collections in the Wrappr portfolio include: the Star Collection, the Tapestry Collection, the Delilah Collection, the Sharing a Story Collection, the Serenity Collection, the Favourite Things Collection, the Voice Collection, the Reset Collection, among others.
- The Star Collection: Designed by artist Noelle Anne Navarrete, The Star Collection is inspired by the deep connection you may find within sisterhood. Stories of sisterhood and female friendship are often told in fairy folklore. This bond connects women to each other and in its most magical manifestations, allows each woman to thrive.
- The Tapestry Collection: Created by artist Noelle Anne Navarrete, this collection is inspired by tapestry artwork, this collection tells the story of fairies who bring magic to the forest to help plants grow. The story continues within the border of this piece based on classic fairy forest paintings.
- The Delilah Collection: Inspired by the vibrant colors of summer flowers, this collection by artist and animator Adam Klassen is printed on mulberry silk. Flip the wrap over to see another variation of the design and complementary colors on this double-sided wrap.
- The Sharing a Story Collection: By artist Half Moon Woman - (Pat Bruderer), the art in this collection is called 'Sharing a Story' and it was originally created using the birch bark biting art form, a very old form of Indigenous art where the artist uses their teeth to bite a design into a single layer of birch bark. The tradition of passing stories from one generation to the next about life, values, creation, and the natural world runs deep through Indigenous culture, and this piece represents this tradition that continues today. During colonization, many languages and stories were lost completely, and so many were never written down. This piece reminds us of how sacred languages can be because when one goes extinct, we lose so much more than just words.
- The Serenity Collection: Wrappr and Trauma Practice collaborated on he Serenity Collection designed by Kitchener-based graphic artist Rawbie Thring. Wrappr is proud to support, Trauma Practice, a non-for profit organization that is dedicated to reducing barriers, overcoming stigma and strengthening communities by offering free online clinician-led group programs and resources for trauma recovery for individuals. All proceeds made from these wraps will directly go to support Trauma Practice. More about Trauma Practice with input from President and Founder Dr. Anna Baranowsky here.
- The Favourite Things Collection: This collection plays homage to The Sound of Music, specifically the song Favourite Things, with its musical notations across the border. This wrap was made in collaboration with JustBGraphic by alumni Jenelle Lewis, an organization that encourages kids to get involved in the arts and foster their unique creativity.
- The Voice Collection: The Voice collection is a somatic translation for the artist's experience of trust, a mysterious knowing that can only be felt.
- The Reset Collection: The Reset collection is inspired by the in-between time in the stillness of Winter. It’s a time to slow down, to rest deeply, and to turn inward to reflect and listen to our inner wisdom. It’s a time to acknowledge the endings of one cycle as we prepare to celebrate and welcome the new beginnings to come in Spring.